Brooklyn Fire & EMS Protection District Inc.
401 W. Main St.
Brooklyn, WI. 53521
Position: District Secretary/Treasurer (D S/T)
Reports to: District Board President
The DS/T has overall authority and responsibility for operations of the office and some administrative functions. S/he provides clerical and accounting support to the Board and the Fire Chief and EMS Director. S/he is often the day-to-day public face and voice of the District.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Be a champion for the mission, values and vision of the District
- Help maintain a culture of safety
- Maintain office equipment, machines, systems and space
- Maintain processes and systems for records storage, retrieval, purging and data entry
- Maintain relations with vendors, suppliers and business partners
- Maintain a culture of teamwork, excellence and doing things right on time, the first time
- Assist and support the process for hiring staff, process payroll and all tax filings.
- Participate in the development of, and once approved, administer budgets within scope of authority, responsible for all State and Federal Financial Reporting, prepare and co-sign checks, prepare invoices
- Manage office supplies inventory
- Foster and maintain open communications with all stakeholders
- Prepare meeting notices and minutes
- Participate in meetings
- Other duties and projects as may be assigned
- Strong analytical, computational, reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Effective oral (in-person and phone) and written communication skills
- Willing and able to take responsibility and be held accountable
- Willing and able to embrace and act based on the mission, vision and values of the District
- Skilled in the use of computer hardware and peripherals, Sage Peachtree, QuickBooks (or similar accounting software) and Microsoft Office Professional software, (Word, Excel & Outlook) internet search capabilities
- Detail/accuracy-oriented, willing and able to multi-task
- Team player
- Willing and able to take direction from several people, prioritize work
- Able to consistently produce assigned work on time
- Willing and able to work with limited direct supervision
Minimum 3 years accounting/bookkeeping experience including payroll.
Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record
Able to pass a pre-employment drug screening and background test
Available for evening meetings for note taking/recording.
Moderate experience-skill with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook. Experience with Sage Peachtree Accounting
Salaried, exempt under FLSA, 2019 Budget Salary is up to $9,000
Estimated 30 - 50 hours per month. (Estimated hours vary based on then-current work demands.)
MAIL RESUME TO:
Joanne Van Norman
401 W. Main St.
Brooklyn, WI 53521-0250
OR EMAIL RESUME TO:
* * * RESUMES MUST BE RECEIVED BY NOVEMBER 15, 2018 * * *