DOT is having a Public Involvement Meeting on Wednesday, October 24, from 5:30-7:30 p.m. at Oregon Middle School Cafeteria, 601 Pleasant Oak Drive, Oregon for a presentation and open house regarding the project on Highway 14 from Highway 138 to Highway 92.
Oregon School District is holding a Community Open House regarding their referendum on Monday, October 15, from 6 to 7:30 p.m. at Rome Corners Intermediate School. Go to www.oregonsd.org/referendum for more information.
The Fire/EMS Commission is looking to hire a new secretary. Please see info below.
Brooklyn Fire & EMS Protection District Inc.
401 W. Main St.
Brooklyn, WI. 53521
Position: District Secretary/Treasurer (D S/T)
The DS/T has overall authority and responsibility for operations of the office and some administrative functions. S/he provides clerical and accounting support to the Board and the Fire Chief and EMS Director. S/he is often the day-to-day public face and voice of the District.
Essential duties and responsibilities
· Be a champion for the mission, values and vision of the District
· Help maintain a culture of safety
· Maintain office equipment, machines, systems and space
· Maintain processes and systems for records storage, retrieval, purging and data entry
· Maintain relations with vendors, suppliers and business partners
· Maintain a culture of teamwork, excellence and doing things right on time, the first time
· Assist and support the process for hiring staff, process payroll and all tax filings.
· Participate in the development of, and once approved, administer budgets within scope of authority, responsible for all State and Federal Financial Reporting, prepare and co-sign checks, prepare invoices
· Manage office supplies inventory
· Foster and maintain open communications with all stakeholders
· Prepare meeting notices and minutes
· Participate in meetings
· Other duties and projects as may be assigned
· Strong analytical, computational, reasoning and problem-solving skills
· Effective oral (in-person and phone) and written communication skills
· Willing and able to take responsibility and be held accountable
· Willing and able to embrace and act based on the mission, vision and values of the District
· Skilled in the use of computer hardware and peripherals, Sage Peachtree, QuickBooks (or similar accounting software) and Microsoft Office Professional software, (Word, Excel & Outlook) internet search capabilities
· Detail/accuracy-oriented, willing and able to multi-task
· Team player
· Willing and able to take direction from several people, prioritize work
· Able to consistently produce assigned work on time
· Willing and able to work with limited direct supervision
Minimum 3 years accounting/bookkeeping experience including payroll.
Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record
Able to pass a pre-employment drug screening and background test
Available for evening meetings for note taking/recording.
Moderate experience-skill with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook. Experience with Sage Peachtree Accounting
Salaried, exempt under FLSA, 2019 Budget Salary is up to $9,000
Estimated 30 – 50 hours per month. (Estimated hours vary based on then-current work demands.)
MAIL RESUME TO:
Joanne Van Norman
401 W. Main St.
P. O. Box 250
Brooklyn, WI 53521-0250
EMAIL RESUME TO:
* * * RESUMES MUST BE RECEIVED BY NOVEMBER 15, 2018 * * *
Go to Elections page under Government tab above
Thanks to the Brooklyn Elementary 4th Graders for their help planting trees in Legion Park on Friday, April 27, for Arbor Day. Thanks also to Cody Didier from the DNR for speaking with the kids.
Village Parks are now open for the season. Enjoy!
The proposed 2018 budget can be found under Government – Budget. The public hearing on the budget will be November 27 at 6:30 p.m. at the Village Hall.